Network design and architecture
This is very important that you have an elaborate plan before you try to implement or make changes in a network and without this plan deploying and maintenance process would face with various problems, also without a comprehensive design, Network will not be developed easily.
A properly design caused to have reliable and scalable network also, makes solving network complex problems easier and faster. Problems are divided in different parts by a good plan and it helps designers to optimize hardware and networking software for performing specific tasks.
During the network design, categorizing networks based on the number of clients will greatly assist the design because, network design is highly depends on the size and needs of the customer’s organization. For example network infrastructure of a small network with some clients is very different from a large network infrastructure with a significant number of various devices which many variables must be considered during designing. Networks based on the number of clients are divided into three categories:
- Small Networks: networks with up to 200 clients
- Medium-Size Networks: networks with 200 to 1,000 clients
- Large Networks: network with more than 1,000 clients
Engineering fundamentals in infrastructure
Regardless to size and network needs issues, a successful implementation of network design requires following some Engineering fundamentals. Some of these important fundamentals are listed below:
- Hierarchy: This hierarchical design helps developer to design a robust network and makes complex design problems easier and more manageable.
- Modularity: Modular design caused to various sectors of a network act as a unified module and because of this makes design simpler. Cisco has introduced several modules for designing: datacenter, the Internet edge, service block and Campus section.
- Resiliency: In normal and abnormal circumstances, network should be able to continue to work. In normal circumstances traffic based on expected flows but in abnormal circumstances when a hardware or software face with problem or when heavy traffic goes into the network, or in attacks condition such as DoS, the network should keep its usual performance.
- Flexibility: Networks should be able to change, for example adding a service or increasing network performance should be possible also, these kinds of changes should do without any interrupt and Service downtime.
Today, modern networks are designed in multi-layer and each of these layers has its properties and duties. There are many advantages for multi-layer design, because each device in each layer has its specific duty and functionality that this feature caused to implement add, remove and replacement of network parts easier and faster. This flexibility and adaptability makes this model more scalable and extensible, also if required, we can use different service modules in different layers which provide capabilities such as security, and load sharing etc. for designers.
Our Company because of its dominance on the latest information technologies and its valuable experience in consulting, designing, installation and monitoring of network services and design is ready to provide technical and engineering services based on international standards in order to cope with strategic plans and long-term requirements of the customer’s organization.
The services of ICTN (Network design):
Consulting, designing, installing, deploying and supporting and maintaining of LAN networks
|Consulting, designing, installing, deploying and supporting and management of wireless local area networks and between buildings (Wireless Networks)|
|Consulting, designing, installing, deploying and supporting and management of WAN network||Consulting, designing, installing, deploying and supporting systems IDS / IPS and Network-based Host|
|Consulting, designing, installing, deploying and supporting and guidance Converged Networks||designing fiber-optic-based network platform|
|Consulting, designing, installing, deploying and supporting and management of software and hardware Firewall||deploying Security for network and communications equipment and implementing monitoring security and penetration testing|